Self-care is something that I have always struggled with. I have always been one to work constantly, keep moving, and get everything done. I would make myself sick because I would not take a break. As I got older, I realized that if I keep going without taking a break, I’m going to work myself to death. On this new journey of mine, I have practiced self-care and love it! If you keep reading, you will discover my self- care habits.
1. Take the day off
If I know that I have been going non-stop and don’t want to get up for the day, that means that it’s time to take a day off.
2. Turn on my favorite music
I don’t know about you, but music always helps me to escape this crazy reality. 90’s country is the way to go for me.
3. Take a hot shower
A nice, hot shower can calm any day for me. I can stand there for hours just relaxing and thinking.
Put on a face mask
I don’t know what it is about face mask, but they scream relaxation. Sheet masks are my favorite for self-care days.
Turn my phone off
No phone, no distractions.
Go get a pedicure
I love to let someone take care of me for a change.
A little retail therapy never hurt anyone! Torrid and Forever 21, I am coming for you!
Go see a movie
This helps me escape from the real world and forget about everything that is stressing me out.
Exercising can also be another way to clear my brain.
Go to the beach
Some days I like to just get up and drive to the beach. I am at the edge of the world and the stress stays in Bakersfield.
“Oh, I’m sorry.”
Wait……. Why am I sorry? That person bumped into me.
Why did I just apologize for laughing? That person is laughing too.
I do this all of the time and if you don’t know what I am talking about, I am talking about the fact that I apologize for being me. I can’t help myself and it’s a very bad habit. I can’t be the only person that does this. I recently made a promise to myself that I am no longer going to apologize for being me. I’m going to start living my best life and stop second guessing myself. I’m going to laugh however I want, I’m going to walk freely, I’m going to smile if I want to. I have a right to be on this earth, just as much as anyone else. Apologizing for everything that I do is something that I do as an insecurity. If I apologize, that means that I am lesser than the person that I am apologizing to. I know that I am not any less than that person. I am a human being that has emotions, I am a human being that walks down a street, and I am a human being that compliments something that I like. If you are like me and apologize for something that you didn’t need to apologize for, I want you to stand with me and stop apologizing. Tell yourself that you’re allowed to laugh, you’re allowed to breathe, and you’re allowed to be yourself. Promise yourself that you are going to stop saying sorry for no reason.
I would like a friend of mine for inspiring this blog post (you know who you are).
Photos were taken by Kaya Irene Photography
My dress is from Torrid
Welcome, welcome, I have some exciting news to share with you. I have decided to post three times a week! Yes, you heard correctly, three times. How exciting right? I will be posting every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I am trying something new, so I hope that you like it. Makeup Monday’s will be dedicated for makeup, makeovers, giveaways, tutorials, monthly favorites, and all things beauty related. Work it Wednesday is all things inspirational, goal digging, organizational tips, and more lifestyle topics. That finally brings me to Fashion Friday! I will be posting fashion inspiration for you just in time for the weekend. Remember, if you have any certain topics that you would love to read about, please let me know. I am so stoked about this new posting schedule, I hope that you are too! Now, back to the regularly scheduled program.
Today’s Work it Wednesday is all about self-love. I know that having self-confidence can be a struggle, trust me, been there and don’t want to go back. So here are 15 affirmations that you can read to yourself as often as you would like, just to give your confidence a little boost and feel better about yourself. You don’t need to depend on someone else to tell you how amazing you are. What better person to tell you then well, you?
- I believe in me: At the end of the day, you need to be the one to believe in yourself. If you don’t believe that you can accomplish anything, why should anyone else?
- I am fearless: To get what you want in life, you need to have no fear and just jump!
- I am not my mistakes: Everyone has a past, don’t let yours define you.
- Positivity is a choice; I choose to be positive: This affirmation says it all.
- I am a beautiful person: it’s true, you are.
- Life is beautiful: Enjoy it.
- What I give is what I receive: Law of attraction, baby!
- I matter. I am allowed to say no: This one can be a struggle, but if you need help, call me. If I got passed it, so can you.
- I am successful: No matter what you choose to do, rock it!
- Every idea is a good idea: Express yourself and create your future.
- I deserve love, compassion, and empathy: Yes you do.
- I am my best source of motivation: Get your ass up and take on the world!
- I am talented and intelligent: You are the smartest person that I know.
- EVERYTHING is possible: you can make anything happen.
- I have unlimited power: You can do it!
I believe in you! Try reading these to yourself every morning when you wake up. Make your own day! Don’t wait for someone else to make you smile.
Which affirmation is your favorite? Comment it down below, I can’t wait to read them. Until next time! Spread positivity.
We all have those days, no matter who you are. Days where all you want to do is run away and not deal with anything. I know that this post is different from any other posts on my blog, but I have been feeling this way a lot lately. Today I am sharing with you a few techniques that I like to do when I am stressed. These keep me from going insane and punching a few people. Try some of these out, maybe there is something on my list that you haven’t tried yet.
- The number one thing that I like to do when I am stressed is listen to music. No matter what kind of stress that I am dealing with, music is my escape. 90’s country is my all time favorite, it just has that right tune for me, I don’t know what it is.
- If music is helping a little, but just isn’t quite cutting it for me, I like to take my music with me and relax in a bath. Maybe get some bubbles going, light a candle and listen to Faith Hill tell me how much it matters to her.
- Are you ready for this one? I don’t think that you are; color! I own a few adult coloring books, these were proven to help with stress. Get this, I don’t even have to stay in the lines if you don’t want to. You can find adult coloring books all over the place!
- This one would have to be my favorite out of all of these. I like to bake, baking just calms me down and focuses my mind on creating an amazing treat. It helps me forget about that rude person in line at Target and reminds me not to let the house catch on fire.
- My last technique I like to do to calm me down is drive. Drive anywhere that I want, as long as the music is on. Drive to the store, park, sonic, wherever I want. This may cost me some gas, but I sure as hell feel a whole lot better when I get home.
I’m sure that there are a million of other calming practices that could be done. These are just my favorite, if you do any of these, let me know. I would also like to hear if this post helped you in anyway. Thank you all for reading!
This stock photo is from: Magdeleine