The number one question that I get asked is “I am starting a blog, do you have any tips for me?”. The answer is yes I do! I have been blogging for almost four years now and have learned some things along the way.
Continue reading to get my blogging tips! Make sure that you are following my blog for more posts like this!
- The first tip that I have for anyone, is to make sure that you choose a topic that you love. Blogging takes a lot of time and effort, so you want to make sure that you are enjoying the time that you invest in.
- Tip number two is to make blogging friends! Connecting with people can be very helpful, they can share advice and you can share your advice with them! There are so many different opportunities that can come out of just being genuine friends.
- Number three, stay consistent. I am sure that this tip doesn’t just apply to blogging. If you are trying to gain your Instagram following, YouTube channel, or anything else, you must stay consistent.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things. Blogging has pushed me outside of a box that I didn’t even realize that I was in. Taking photos in public use to terrify me! Now I can give two fucks if people are looking at me weird. They are never going to see me again.
- Use the resources that are given. Take advantage of hashtags, tags, and sharing! Try sharing your blog posts on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Just like YouTube, titles are important. Make sure that the titles are going to catch your reader’s attention.
- Add pretty photos, readers like visuals.
- Scheduling blog posts ahead of time is a great way to save time.
- Collaborate with other bloggers. This helps to grow your blog following and introduces your blog to a whole new audience.
- Remember to have fun! Don’t feel like you have to write posts, it’s going to take the fun out of blogging and you will get burnt out. Blog when you want to and mix it up every now and again.
You may not know this about me, but I am a nosy person. I love watching house tours, closet tours, and makeup storage videos. I love taking a look at someone else’s life to see how differently they do certain things. I might find something that I need in my life. This post is for that nosy person out there that is just like me. Wanting to know what someone else carries in their bag for Springtime!
- Planner- If you don’t already know this about me, I am a planner junkie. I have a big one that I carry with my computer and this little one for appointments
- A wallet is an obvious must. This cute little guy if from Target
- Sunnies are perfect for the sunny days
- Hand cream for the dry days
- Hand sanitizer
- Every day is a new day and in that case, I need a new lippy, that’s why I have options
- Eye drops so that my allergies don’t kick my ass
- Setting spray for when I need a cooldown or some fresh makeup
- Hair tie, need I say more?
- Sample perfume, Sweat=stink
- Pens, I never know when I might need all four
Welcome to Travel Tuesday! I was lucky enough to get invited to the Stella Rosa Social in Paso Robles, Ca! Here are some photos from the event, it was seriously stunning. The weather was incredible and the land was green.
Ah, welcome to another Wedding Wednesday. I hope that you are enjoying these posts because I am having the best time writing them! Today I want to give you a few reasons why you should hire a wedding planner and/ or coordinator. This post is in collaboration with my Aunt Cindy, she created these visuals for me to share!
There you have it! If you are in Bakersfield, Ca and are looking for some planners, make sure to check us out on Instagram.
There is nothing that I love more than a Friday morning!
Okay I lied, I love amazing beauty products and a couple fashion pieces. Here are a few that I have been loving lately. Enjoy.
First things first, foundation! I cannot get enough of this new foundation from Maybelline. I have repurchased it twice and it’s still considered a new product. I am so in love with the SuperStay Long-Lasting Full Coverage Foundation. I get so many compliments on my skin when I wear it!
To go along with that amazing foundation, I have been obsessed with the Ghost Baking Powder from Revolution. I bake every day and can’t get enough.
Lately, I have preferred glossy lips over matte. In my bag, I have the Pixi by Petra LipLift Max Lip Gloss in the shade Honey Sheen.
One product that I must mention is my Wet Brush. I don’t know what I would do without it. It gets all of the tangles out of my hair, without all of the ripping and damaging. I need four more for backup!
As for fashion, I have two pieces and they are both from Target.
The first piece is a backpack, I am so in love with it! Everything from the storage space all the way down to the color! It is the Woman’s Foldover Faux Leather Backpack. It is just stunning.
Lastly, I have the cutest shoes to share with you! They are the Women’s Alloy Slip-On Sneaker. They have the cutest bow, they’re black, and they go with anything!! Enough said.
I hope that you enjoyed this Friday Favorites! There will be more to come.
The first month of the year is gone, just like that. I don’t know about you, but that didn’t feel like a whole month!
In the beginning of January, I set a few goals for myself and hoped to achieve them all. Well, I am happy to say that I did! If you are curious to know what they were, I am about to share them with you.
My first goal was to start Wedding and Event Planning blog posts here at the Bakersfield Beauty Blog. So far I have two Wedding Wednesday’s posted and they did quite well!
My second goal was to hit 1,650 followers on my Instagram page. Once that goal was achieved, I then set a goal for 1,700 followers and we currently stand at 1,709. I still can’t believe it! If you’re not following me, you totally should be! I am going to be doing a giveaway very soon! You know what, I will even do you a favor and leave the link right here for you! I know, I am such a nice person.
Goal number three was to take social media photos for two companies. Goal checked off! I had so much fun doing it too!
This last goal, I have been working on for quite some time now. I can’t even begin to tell you how I feel. This goal was to collaborate with Torrid. Yes, you heard right, Torrid. I still don’t believe it, when I received the email, I was almost in tears. The collaboration isn’t up, but be expecting it!
That wraps up all of my goals that have been achieved! I would love to hear some of the goals that you achieved for the month of January! I also would like to let you know how much I appreciate you!
When it comes to planning a wedding, I believe that having the perfect photographer is the most important vendor to have. Those memories are going to be shared for the rest of your life, each photo says a thousand words and shares a thousand stories. These are photos of one of the most important days of your life. That is why you need to make sure and find the perfect photographer!
When looking for the right photographer, it is very crucial to make sure that the style of the photographer’s photos is the style that you like. Great quality photos can also be quite pricey. If you go with a photographer just because they are cheap and not because you like their style, you may regret it later on down the road.
If you are meeting with photographers, you always want to ask for the different packages that they offer. Most photographers will usually customize the packages with your budget. Another great question to ask is if they offer a payment plan. Some photographers will work with you if they know that you are on a budget.
You also want to make sure that you mesh well with the photographer when you meet them. If you get a bad vibe or don’t feel as if they are reliable, get away while you still can. You don’t want to have to worry about them canceling on you at the last minute, or showing up late.
One way to figure out if they are reliable is to get in contact with their previous customers. If the photographer has tagged them on Instagram, message them. Don’t be afraid to do your research!
If you are here in Bakersfield, I know a photographer that allows brides to make payments. Erin, with Vintage Roots Photography, also has very affordable and customizable packages starting at just $700. She also offers elopements, cherished moments, and bridal portraits. These are perfect if you are really on a budget, but want memories of your special day.
I hope that this post helped you out some!
All of these photos were taken by Vintage Roots Photography.