My top is from Target, My pants are from Torrid, My shoes are from JCPenny’s
The most rewarding thing about running a blog is that I can write whatever I am the most passionate about. Do you know what that is for me? If you said, goals and positivity, then you would be right.
I can’t describe the feeling exactly, but I can give it a shot. Setting goals for me is like my boss just walked in, and told me that I have a month off of work. Paid. Yea, let that one sink in just a bit. I don’t know what I would do without setting goals, and holding myself responsible for reaching those achievements.
I know that I have done achievement posts in the past, but I have a good feeling about this one. The new year is almost here and I need to make sure that I am prepped for all of the amazing opportunities that I am going to give myself. So grab a cup of tea, shit is about to get real.
I am sure that you have heard this one thousand times before, but this year is going to count. I feel major changes coming and with these goals, they are going to come to life!
– My 2018 Achievements-
- Start an Event and Wedding Planning blog
- Look into Social Media Marketing for local companies
- Collaborate with different photographers
- Collaborate with a major brand
- My blog has grown by 100 followers
- Host my first blogger meet up
- Collaborate with a major brand
- Be a guest on a podcast
- Plan a wedding for a client
- My Instagram has gained 1,000 followers
- I have launched a podcast
- I upload videos on YouTube regularly
- I have gained a social media marketing client
- My podcast has hit 100 listeners
- I have collaborated with a local boutique for my blog
- I have gone on three hikes
- My hair is down to the middle of my back
- I have tried every local coffee shop in Bakersfield
- I have started writing a book
- I have collaborated with a company to create an apparel line
- I have met some of my favorite bloggers
- My blog has gained 500 more followers
- I went on a cruise
- I have turned all of my side businesses into a full-time job
- I love my life and everyone in my life
- I surround myself with positive people
Here is where I am going to stop. If you would like to read the rest of my year accomplishments, you are just going to have to follow along on my blog! Part two will be coming sooner than you think!
It’s that time again! Time to meet another hard working blogging babe like myself. I can’t wait for you to meet Baraka McCann, she is the brains and hard work behind She Simply Chic.
•What/who has inspired you to start your blog?
My mom inspired me, she’s always loved fashion, and taught me the ins and outs of the Fashion! My mom was best dressed in high school, and then I became best dressed in high school. I love everything about Fashion.
•How long have you been building your brand?
I have been building my brand for about a year now. I am so blessed of the opportunities, and collaborations. It’s only the beginning!
•What is the next step for you?
The next step is to start planning my woman’s clothing line. I have been brainstorming for about a year now.
•Who is your biggest role model?
I have to honestly say, my mom is my biggest role model like I said in the previous question, she taught me everything I know, the thought of her elegance in clothes is phenomenal.
•Do you have a routine when it comes to posting?
Yes, I do. I post every Tuesday between 2-3 o clock.
•Would you say that blogging has changed your confidence?
Yes, I thought I had some confidence beforehand. But ever since I started blogging, me putting on clothes and showing the world different ideas of clothes, is such a blessing to do. Brings so much confidence and fun.
•Do you travel? If so, where are going next?
No, I been in school none stop since I graduated from high school. I will travel after I graduate with my masters! But I am trying to go to New York in October!
•Which topic is your favorite to blog about?
My topic, or niche I would say. Is Plus size outfits. Or more so say Personal Fashion/tips
•What is your drink order from your favorite place?
Omg my favorite drink is Chai Green Tea, from TeaHouse
•What is your favorite color?
My favorite color blue.
•Who is your biggest supporter?
My mother and boyfriend are my biggest supporters. Don’t matter if the opportunity is big or small!
•Who is your favorite blogger?
My ultimate favorite blogger is Naturallyfashionable
•How would you describe your style?
My style is Simple but elegant look! With a side of chic!
•If you could collaborate with any brand in the entire world, who would it be?
That is hard! But the two brands for sure I would love to work with is Eloquii and Saint Laurent!
You can follow Baraka on Instagram: @shesimplychic
If you would like to be apart of this series, please email me at BakersfieldBeautyBlogger@gmail.com.