We are about to step into the new year and for most of us, that means that it’s time to plan new goals. Today’s blog post is all about setting goals for the next year. If you are a goal setter like I am, then you’re going to love this post!
When it comes to planning out my goals, I love to set my overall goals and then I also set monthly goals. A tip that I learned from a friend, is that it’s great to set a timeline out for each goal. So without further ado, here are some of my goals for 2019.
- I’m going to put all that I can into my blog and Instagram. Writing and creating content is such a passion of mine, so why push it off to the side? This is going to be my year to shine!
- To piggyback off of that goal, my next would be to have a new blog post up once a week. Content, baby, content.
- Say yes to more things. A lot of times I will turn down an invitation somewhere because I get scared to try something new. No more of that! This year I will be saying yes to almost everything. I will be even saying yes to myself this year.
- Books; Next year I’m going to read or listen to a new book every month.
- Next year is going to be all about concerts and festivals. I am a huge lover of music, so every concert that comes my way, I am going to make it a point to go. It’s all about the experience.
- In 2019 I’m going to try my hardest to save as much money as I possibly can. My dream one day is to own my own home. So saving money would help out tremendously.
- Learn to live a little. I’m constantly working, and if I’m not working, I’m sleeping. Next year I’m going to start taking more time for myself. It’s okay to have fun every once in a while.
I would love to hear some of your goals for the next year. Let me know if any of my goals are on your list. I love you and I will talk to you in the next post.
Shirt: Asos Curve
Jeans: Forever 21 Plus
Please make sure to leave blog post suggestions in the comments.
As a blogger in a city that isn’t Los Angeles, I get a lot of weird looks from people when I am taking blog photos in public. When I first started blogging, those look from people would bother me so bad, I wanted to stop taking photos and go home. Now I could care less about what people think of me, especially when I am posing to get that perfect shot. In this post, I am going to share 5 tips on how to feel more comfortable when it comes to taking photos in public. If you are someone that is a beast when it comes to taking photos in public, then congrats, you’re winning at life.
My first tip is to remember that you most likely won’t ever see the people that are staring at you again. If you ever happen to run into them on another day, there is a good chance that they are not going to remember you.
Take someone with you that you are comfortable around. With them encouraging you, it makes it that much easier to smile, take a great photo, and have an amazing time.
Try to start out somewhere that doesn’t have a ton of people, but still in public. For example, go to a park to take some photos, compared to a coffee shop downtown. Ease your way into it.
Practice makes perfect! The more that you go out in public and take photos, the more comfortable you will feel.
My last tip is just to have fun! Remeber that you are taking these photos for you and your audience. You’re not taking them for the random person walking by. You are obviously passionate about these photos, so anyone else’s opinion shouldn’t matter, so just have fun!
I hope that these tips helped you out a little. I would love to know any tips that you have, leave them in the comment section!
All photos were taken by Kaya Irene Photography
My dress is from Forever 21
As a blogger, I don’t always have the money to fork out to try a new product. I spend my money on bills and other important stuff that I usually forget about in a month. If you are a blogger that is just getting started, or an Instagrammer looking for collaborations, I have discovered a new app that I think you will love.
I don’t remember where I saw the add for this app, but I am glad that I did. Muses App is a community of bloggers and companies looking for people to collaborate with. Not only can you receive product for posts, but some of the opportunities are paid! You can search through tons of different collaborations and choose the ones that better fit you and your audience.
This app is also great for those that are looking to grow their platform followers. You can connect and meet with other Muses around the world, or right in your very own town. I bet that you are super excited and are going to download it now. Well if you are, I will make it easier for you. Click here to get started collaborating! I think that you are going to love this app just as much as I do. When you download it, make sure that you add me as a favorite!