As a “bigger girl” I have always had self-love issues. I would constantly make fun of the way I looked so that others couldn’t do it first. My excuse for everything was “because I’m fat”. I would always wear black and I never really believed in myself. All of that stops now. I have been going through a lot of changes recently and have decided that it’s time to love myself first. I need to kick those old self-hate habits. This is going to be tough at first, I know, but it has to be done. If you are someone that needs a little wake-up call, then this post is for you. I hope that you can relate to some of the things that I am going through, and change them with me.
- I am going to stop feeling bad for being my size. How can I expect anyone to love me if I don’t love myself for how I look?
- I am ditching the clothes that make me look “skinny”. Today is the day that I am going to strut my stuff in whatever I feel like. I have recently purchased a few crop tops that I never thought that I could ever wear as a “fat girl”. Guess what? I don’t give a fuck anymore. I look gorgeous no matter what.
- I am going to stop telling myself that I can’t do something because of my size. I can do anything that I put my mind to. I just have to want it.
- I am going to stop making fat jokes about myself. I am hurting myself more than anyone. It’s not healthy, especially when I start to believe that the jokes are true.
- I am going to stop caring about what others think of me. I am going to start living and enjoying my time on this Earth. There are a million other things that I can be doing with my time, and I need to stop wasting them on being self-conscious about myself.