The number one question that I get asked is “I am starting a blog, do you have any tips for me?”. The answer is yes I do! I have been blogging for almost four years now and have learned some things along the way.
Continue reading to get my blogging tips! Make sure that you are following my blog for more posts like this!
- The first tip that I have for anyone, is to make sure that you choose a topic that you love. Blogging takes a lot of time and effort, so you want to make sure that you are enjoying the time that you invest in.
- Tip number two is to make blogging friends! Connecting with people can be very helpful, they can share advice and you can share your advice with them! There are so many different opportunities that can come out of just being genuine friends.
- Number three, stay consistent. I am sure that this tip doesn’t just apply to blogging. If you are trying to gain your Instagram following, YouTube channel, or anything else, you must stay consistent.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things. Blogging has pushed me outside of a box that I didn’t even realize that I was in. Taking photos in public use to terrify me! Now I can give two fucks if people are looking at me weird. They are never going to see me again.
- Use the resources that are given. Take advantage of hashtags, tags, and sharing! Try sharing your blog posts on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Just like YouTube, titles are important. Make sure that the titles are going to catch your reader’s attention.
- Add pretty photos, readers like visuals.
- Scheduling blog posts ahead of time is a great way to save time.
- Collaborate with other bloggers. This helps to grow your blog following and introduces your blog to a whole new audience.
- Remember to have fun! Don’t feel like you have to write posts, it’s going to take the fun out of blogging and you will get burnt out. Blog when you want to and mix it up every now and again.
Here is a little preview of my kitchen! I am going to have the full tour on my Instagram, make sure that you check there for the video. I hope that you enjoy!
Skin care is very important to me, (also white teeth). I am 25 now and am not getting any younger! I need to take care of my skin while I still can. These amazing products are helping me along the way.
- Freeman Beauty Purifying avocado+oatmeal Clay Mask
- ELF Illuminating Eye Cream
- ELF Daily Hydration Moisturizer
- Smile Brilliant Teeth Whitening Gel
These amazing, cleansing towelettes, have changed the way that I think of makeup removing wipes completely! I have repurchased them three times. Can you tell that I like them?
Bath and Bodyworks can never do wrong in my eyes. I have been obsessed with these two scents ever since I purchased them about a month ago. They smell like Heaven!
Last, but certainly not least, this product is a game changer. I have a problem with really dry feet. It’s so bad that it hurts to walk sometimes. Ever since I have started using this product, my feet don’t hurt. They don’t crack, they just feel so much better. I am so in love.
You may not know this about me, but I am a nosy person. I love watching house tours, closet tours, and makeup storage videos. I love taking a look at someone else’s life to see how differently they do certain things. I might find something that I need in my life. This post is for that nosy person out there that is just like me. Wanting to know what someone else carries in their bag for Springtime!
- Planner- If you don’t already know this about me, I am a planner junkie. I have a big one that I carry with my computer and this little one for appointments
- A wallet is an obvious must. This cute little guy if from Target
- Sunnies are perfect for the sunny days
- Hand cream for the dry days
- Hand sanitizer
- Every day is a new day and in that case, I need a new lippy, that’s why I have options
- Eye drops so that my allergies don’t kick my ass
- Setting spray for when I need a cooldown or some fresh makeup
- Hair tie, need I say more?
- Sample perfume, Sweat=stink
- Pens, I never know when I might need all four
These are some of my favorite makeup products. I am constantly trying new products, but I can’t get away from these! The only product that I was not able to find was the Charlotte Russe Eye Shadow Palette, but I linked the rest below!
I have been getting a lot of questions recently about starting a blog. Hopefully this post that I wrote will help!
Hello you creative little blogger! If you have stumbled upon this post, it is probably because you are new to blogging and need some tips, or you haven’t started your blog yet but you want to. Before we get started, I would just like to say, that in no way am I saying that I am a professional blogger; I have only been blogging for a little over a year. These are just some of the tips which have helped me along the way. I have written down the things I wish I had known when I first started blogging.Alright, now that we have got that out of the way, let’s jump into the fun stuff!
• The first thing that you need to do in order to start a blog, is to get inspired. Think of the reason that made you want to start blogging in the first…
View original post 540 more words
This makeup look is for those who work hard. For those that are too busy slaying the day to take an hour on their makeup. This look is for those want that healthy glowing skin look and want their freckles to shine through!
Natural, glowing skin is perfect for these hotter days. Today I am sharing with you my quick and easy go to a makeup look. This look obviously isn’t natural because I am wearing makeup, but it isn’t going to be as heavy and glam. Let’s jump right in!
First things first, I exfoliate my lips. These dry days are upon us and are messing with my lips! I need them to look good when I apply whatever lip product I choose to wear for the day.
The key to glowing skin is hydration. I like to apply the Mario Badescu Facial Spray. This quenches the skin, wakes it up, and gives off a fresh look. After that, I will go in with the NYX Hydro Touch face oil and do some more hydrating. Once that is all soaked in, I will go in with my concealer and only apply it where I need it. So I will apply it under my eyes and cover any dark spots. I also like to do a little bit of setting, just so that my concealer doesn’t crease because of the oil.
Time to bronze the face! I want that sun-kissed look without it being too overpowering. I don’t contour because I want this to be a more natural look. After I am all bronzed up, it’s time for some more glow! I love to add a lot of highlight, this gives the skin a glowy look.
My brows are finally growing in! When I do a more natural makeup look, I only add tinted brow gel to my brows. The tint makes them look fuller without being too perfect. While my brows are drying, all that is left is to curl my lashes! I don’t like to wear mascara when I am in a hurry. It makes a mess and takes up too much of my time.
Before I head out of the door, I like to spray my face one more time just to set all of the powders. This look takes me 5 minutes tops to apply. I love it and I love the compliments that I get on my skin when I rock this look.
That completes my quick and easy makeup look. Let me know if you have used any of these products! I plan on writing a blog post about my current beauty favorites, so keep an eye out for that.
As always, stay confident!
Spring is in the air, allergies are taking over, and the beautiful flowers are looking stunning in everyone’s Instagram photos! Soon enough it is going to be 100 degrees here in Bakersfield! Before that happens, I need to enjoy my springtime. What does the Spring mean to you? When I think of spring, I think of Mother’s Day, birthday parties, and a lot of events. For Today’s post, I have put together a Spring Gift Guide for 2018. These gifts are perfect for any occasion, like graduation gifts or Mother’s Day. These are all great items that I would love to receive or give!
The first gift and my personal favorite would have to be a teeth whitening kit! During the winter is when we drink hot drinks, such as coffee and hot cocoa. A teeth whitening kit is the perfect way to bring that beautiful spring smile! Smile Brilliant has one of the best teeth whitening kits! If you don’t believe me, just check out their teeth whitening testimonials! This gift is perfect for those looking for a brighter smile! I am sure that mom would love to open this gift on Mother’s Day! For your chance to win a kit, make sure that you enter my giveaway! Smile Brilliant and I have teamed up and will be giving away a tray creation kit valued at $149! Just in time for Mother’s Day!
Gift number two would have to be some sort of spa kit. A foot bath filled with a pedicure set, nail polish, and a handmade sugar scrub. This is the perfect gift to get those feet sandal ready for all of those special occasions!
The third gift idea is a gardening set! There is nothing like plants to put anyone in the spring mood. Grab a cute water can throw in some gloves, a little shovel and rake, some plant seeds, and there you have the perfect gift!
What would a gift option be without food? This gift is perfect for those out there that love to cook or bake. Grab a jar, fill it with an apron, some cookie mix, cookie cutters, some sprinkles, and a whisk!
The last gift idea that I have up my sleeve is a gift card. Maybe a few different gift card to the person’s favorite places. You can even present them in a cute little jar, or as a bouquet. The options are endless for gift cards!
There you have it! Five amazing gift guide ideas for spring! If you have any other great ideas that you would like to share, please comment them below. If you thought of anyone that could use this post as a guide, please share it with them, I am sure that they will thank you. I would like to thank Smile Brilliant for working with me on this blog post. I have worked with them in the past and they continue to amaze me with my results! Check out my previous post featuring Smile Brilliant.
If you are wondering the difference between their kits and LED kits, be sure to check that out here. If you are a research person like I am, you are going to want to check them out. If you would like to give Smile Brilliant a try, make sure that you use the code bakersfieldbeautyblogger20 for $20 off of your purchase.
This is a photo of my before and after using Smile Brilliant!
There is nothing that I love more than a Friday morning!
Okay I lied, I love amazing beauty products and a couple fashion pieces. Here are a few that I have been loving lately. Enjoy.
First things first, foundation! I cannot get enough of this new foundation from Maybelline. I have repurchased it twice and it’s still considered a new product. I am so in love with the SuperStay Long-Lasting Full Coverage Foundation. I get so many compliments on my skin when I wear it!
To go along with that amazing foundation, I have been obsessed with the Ghost Baking Powder from Revolution. I bake every day and can’t get enough.
Lately, I have preferred glossy lips over matte. In my bag, I have the Pixi by Petra LipLift Max Lip Gloss in the shade Honey Sheen.
One product that I must mention is my Wet Brush. I don’t know what I would do without it. It gets all of the tangles out of my hair, without all of the ripping and damaging. I need four more for backup!
As for fashion, I have two pieces and they are both from Target.
The first piece is a backpack, I am so in love with it! Everything from the storage space all the way down to the color! It is the Woman’s Foldover Faux Leather Backpack. It is just stunning.
Lastly, I have the cutest shoes to share with you! They are the Women’s Alloy Slip-On Sneaker. They have the cutest bow, they’re black, and they go with anything!! Enough said.